The city of Kowal has reigned over its own barren lands in the East since the end of the Great War. Ruled by the Zadeku family for years beyond memory, the city has been content with its own business for hundreds of years.
The City of Kowal
- Statistics: Crime 6; Danger 5; Economy 3; Law 5; Knowledge 3; Magic 1
- Highest Stat is 10, lowest 1
- Size: City, Seat of Barony
- Government: Aristocracy
- Economic System: Feudal capitalist
- Population: 10,800
Places of Interest
- The Walled Tower
- Darkwinter Tavern
- Sascha’s Storehouse
- The Den (Wanderer’s Guild)
- Ash Cloud Theatre
- Factory District
- Dwarf Town
- Melgrin’s Warehouse
- Shen’s Mansion
- The Broken Chip
- Marn’s Refuge
- The Cat’s Herbs
- Bizarre Bazaar
- M Bar
- The Kowal Library
- Kowal Barracks
- The Greystone
- Wanderer’s Guild
- The Companions – Thieve’s consortium
- Sons of Silence
- Melkowski Family – Crime Family
- Edge Company – Mercenaries
- Red Dagger – Thieve’s Guild (new)
- Children of the Light
- 2/3 population died in first plague.
- low population since.
- magic is punishable by death.
- mass graves all along outer border.
- war with tyr hurt city
- ghul raids make trade hard
- People own property, but must pay the lord a tax on land and income.
- Magic is forbidden and punishable by death.
- Thievery is punishable first by loss of a finger, second two fingers, and third by the loss of a hand.
- Gambling is legal, but in a house of gambling there is a 50% tax on winnings.
- If accused, both the accuser and the accused are treated the same until the trial. The accused must prove innocence, not be proven guilty.
- For witchcraft, older methods of torture may be used.
There is the Steel Guard for the Baron’s household, City Guard for people, overseen by the Sheriff, and the Red Guard, a church-backed organization. Magistrates rule the court system and are appointed or dismissed by the Baron.
Weron River to the south. Lesh Forest to the East. Urtgen forest to the North West