Occupation: Archeon of the Watchers
Physical Description: Tall, broad, solid
Personality: Stoic, quiet until engaged, strategic.
Habits/Mannerisms: Laughs quietly after making small jokes or puns.
Grael is tall, his shoulders holding his worn iron armor as if it is never taken off. A woolen gray cloak hangs from straps that criss cross his broad chest. At his waist a wide leather belt and a long thin blade sit easily, both worn with travel and use. Dark eyes that seem to take everything in, memorizing flaws and strengths, rest in his pensive face. He seems a quiet stoic man, until you have a couple glasses of rye and he will regale you with tales of past strategists, recite lore from ancient philosophers, or beat you at a game of eyes; all followed by his comforting laugh.
Grael is an archeon from the Tower, who spent his early years growing up in the farmlands of Olsztyn. He was always enthralled by magic, though he had no ability with it. When his reached a proper age, his father gave him permission to study at the Tower of the Watcher, which is the school for archeons. He learned quickly, and spent most of his time training and studying, never choosing to watch over a wizard or leave on a hunt, until Biena visited. She came to gain control over her wylding magic when she was in her late 20th cycles. He was drawn from his studies for the first time since his youth. She enjoyed the advances and attention from the younger archeon, and they became romantically entangled. When she gained the position of Luminar and left the Tower for the road with her old Wanderer companions, Grael came with her.
- Sword of Orgrain – A slim rapier passed down since the Aradan War, Grael’s father gave him this sword when he left for Eredar. Critical range 18-20, +1 to hit and damage.
- Cloak of the Hunter – A cloak given to Grael when they helped a tribe of Losvari elves in the Wastes. 1 DR, +4 to Thievery checks with hiding, or sneaking.
- Race: Human
- Age: 45
- Class/Level: Archeon 5/Ranger 1
- Challenge Rating: 5
- Size: M
- Handed: Ambidextrous
- Languages: Uthgardian, Common
- Initiative: +3
- Hit Points: 60 (6 HD)
- Armor Class: 20, touch 13, 17 flat-footed (+3 DEX, +5 Armor, +1 Shield, +1 Natural, )
- Saves: Fort +7 Ref +8 Will +6
- Fears: Loss of Biena
- Speed: 20′
- Base Attack: +6/+1
- Melee: Masterwork Rapier (Legacy Weapon) +10/+5 (1d6+3/18-20), Dagger +8/+3 (1d4+2)
- Ranged: Dagger (Thrown) +9/+4 (1d4), Composite Longbow +9/+4 (1d8+2)
- Special Attacks:
- Abilities: STR 14, DEX 16, CON 15, INT 12, WIS 10, CHA 10
- Skills: Acrobatics +4, Athletics +4, Awareness +4, Endurance +2, Knowledge +3, Persuasion +1, Survival +3, Thievery +5
- Talents: Advantage, Rapid shot
- Special Qualities: Favored Enemy, Magebane, Magic Sense, Spell Shield, Track
Name QTY LBS
Masterwork Rapier (Legacy Weapon) 1 2 lbs. Special: +2 to CritRange, +1 enhancement bonus to hit and damage
Breastplate 1 30 lbs.
Buckler 1 2 lbs.
Arrow (20) 1 0 lb.
Backpack 1 2 lbs.
Blanket, winter 1 3 lbs.
Candle 1 0 lb.
Chain (10’) 1 2 lbs.
Flint and steel 1 0 lb.
Grappling hook 1 4 lbs.
Hammer 1 2 lbs.
Lock (good) 1 1 lb.
Mirror, small steel 1 0.5 lb.
Manacles 1 2 lbs.
Rope, silk (50’) 1 5 lbs.
Sack 1 1 lb.
Soap (per lb.) 1 1 lb.
Tent 1 20 lbs.
Torch 1 1 lb.
Waterskin 1 4 lbs.
Whetstone 1 1 lb.
Dagger 1 1 lb.
Composite Longbow (3 lb.)
Total Weight Carried: 87.5 lbs.
Current load: Medium
- Light: 58 lbs.
- Medium: 116 lbs.
- Heavy: 175 lbs.